Thamsanqa Gabuza allegedly struck his girlfriend with an electric iron and ‘stole’ her phones.
According to a report in Sunday Sun, Orlando Pirates striker Thamsanqa Gabuza, lost his temper and beat up his girlfriend, Boitshoko Tala, last Monday at his Sandton home.
She reportedly called the police, who arrested the player and locked him in the holding cells at Sandton Police Station. Tala allegedly opened a case of common assault.
- Fake eggs are now in South Africa? Watch this….
- Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, 71, was released on parole
- Watch Gushima Durban July Experience
- Another OR Tambo Heist Foiled By Alert Police.
- Woman arrested with a rhino horn
- New shows coming on Mzansi Magic in July!
- Diski Divas Returns on Mzansi Magic
- Single Batch vodka from Edward Snell & Co. arrives in SA
The paper reports that the charge sheet details that Gabuza used an electric iron to strike the young woman following an argument about phone calls she was receiving.
According to the report, she also accused him of stealing her belongings: seven handbags, two iPhones and an iPad, totalling R40 000.
The police confirmed that a “soccer player” had been arrested on the Monday morning concerned and was released on bail later that night. He appeared in court the next day.
Gabuza, however, claimed not to know what the paper was talking about and Pirates said they would not comment on players’ private lives.
The team had lost the Nedbank Cup final 4-1 to SuperSport United on the Saturday.