SABC1 has partnered with the Tlaku Old age home as well as the Inkanyezi home of the disabled in keeping the spirit of Nelson Mandela alive through the significance of this Celebration.
SABC1’s commitment to community upliftment, socio economic development and CSI activities makes this project a win-win for the country, the SABC as well as the chosen homes. The focus and aim is to give 67minutes to a worthy community cause in the spirit of Madiba.
In addition to the above, SABC1 will attend the SABC SCI foundation initiative on Monday 17th July and on Friday 21st July when the official handover of the 67 houses is done
ACTIVATION PLANS – 17, 18 and 21 July
Both activations will see SABC1 Staff and SABC1 talent visit an elderly home in Daveyton called ‘Tlaku Old Age Home’ as well as Inkanyezi home of the disabled children to assist with chores that the home is unable to accomplish on a regular basis due to the responsibilities of taking care of some of the senile persons. Part of the responsibility will see the channel do the following:
– Fixing the Home Structure
– The home of the disabled requires a lot more as the home is dilapidated and requires the following to be fixed:
– Ceiling in the bedrooms and bathrooms
– They require labour to install tiles and paint
– The homes requires an electrician to fix wiring at the home
– Cleaning – The idea is to ‘spring clean’ the home once all the required areas have been fixed – from the kitchen to the grounds outside.
– Cooking – Channel will ensure there is a warm breakfast that will be served in the morning to the elderly and the children. The plan to have our talent staff serve and clean after the elderly.
– Gardening – SABC1 talent and staff will clean the yard and ensure it is presentable in preparation of the 4 trees that will be planted towards the end of the day. This will be channel’s legacy and a constant reminder that we need to go back every year.
– Lunch – Lunch will be the last meal of the day that will be provided to the elderly. The aim is to cook something they will forever remember.
– Gifts Hand Over
– Post the lunch and planting of the trees, channel will ensure that the requested gifts by the home are presented. The gifts include elderly nappies, blankest, stoves, bed sheets etc. Marketing hopes to have sufficient funds to produce 100 (Branded) blankets that will be presented to each and every single elderly person at the home.
The most fundamental part of our visit is to spend time with the elderly and signalling the value of public service by giving back to those that have supported the SABC the longest. These positive efforts by channel and the SABC will in turn motivate and encourage young people of South Africa to give a little bit of time as they get older to give back their communities, particularly the elderly and the young and defenceless.
Habitat For humanity Plan – Orange Farm
– SABC1 will attend the Habitat for Humanity activation on the Monday the 17th of July as well as on the 21st July which will be the closing ceremony.
– SABC1 will invite x10 talent as well as staff members to help with the building of the 67 homes.
– Channel will hire out 2 kombis on each day to transport talent and stuff to and from Orange Farm
– PR has been briefed to invite YOTV, Mzansi Insider and print media to cover the activations.