One of the scantily dressed dancers who made headlines for their controversial performance at Johannesburg Central Prison on June 21 has slammed their description as strippers.
- Yizo Yizo’s Gunman ‘fathered 24 kids’
- Isibaya Actress Linda Mtoba Opens Up about Being An Organ Donor
- Video: Watch Hilarious Babes Wodumo Interview
- Babes Wodumo Can’t Get Visa In Time for BET Awards 2017
- Woman hacks off boyfriend’s penis ‘after he refused to marry her’
- Hip Hop Artist Stilo Magolide accused of assaulting girlfriend
- Watch: Felix Hlophe Tell Babes Wodumo Management to F**k Off
Busi Mahlangu of Sexy Lingerie and Boys from Mofolo in Soweto claimed that their show at the prison was being used to settle scores against the head of the facility.
Mahlangu said they were not strippers but a group of freelance dancers who work for well-known recording artists.
The group claimed they were not paid for the prison event organised by its sports, cultural and recreational team.
“We are professional street dancers and we had gone there on invitation,” Mahlangu said.
Acting national commissioner of correctional services James Smalberger strongly condemned the incident. “The management of the event should have never allowed this type of explicit entertainment… This type of conduct is unacceptable… particularly in the correctional facility where security is of paramount importance.
“We want to apologise to the citizens of SA for this incident which is very disturbing.”
Justice and Correctional Services Minister Michael Masutha has ordered an investigation into the matter and that progress would be made public on Friday.